The Buntline Hitch is the best knot (hitch) for tying tow lines or paddle parks to a carabiner. The Buntline ends up tight to the carabiner making it easier to pass under deck lines. It will not come undone easily, but can be hard to untie after a while. A small price to pay for the advantages.
1) The line passes through the carabiners and around the running end of the line.
2) Bring the line back under both lines.
3) Contine around the running end of the line, then pass the line back through the opening between both hitches.
4) Snug the hitches together
5) Snug the hitches up tight against the carabiner.
6) Here is a closeup of the above photo
7) Back side of the knot. Notice that the gate is now at the top of the photo
8) Closeup of the above photo.
Atlantic Kayak Tours, Expert Center
Copyright (c) 2014 Atlantic Kayak Tours, Inc. All rights reserved.