Cut fiberglass Tape
1) Cut the fiberglass tape about an inch shorter then the Masked Area.
2) Snip a 1/2" cut into the ends of the fiberlass tape. This will stop it from unraveling.
3) Put the tape aside in a clean dry area.
1) Using a 100 to 200 grit sand paper, sand the Guide Strip area without damaging the Mask Strip.
2) Clean the Mask Area with acetone.
3) If the Mask Strip got damaged while sanding, replace the masking tape.
4) Wipe Mask Area with Acetone.
Ready Work Area
1) Clean the work area.
2) Lay out all needed tools and supplies
3) If doing separate Bow and Stern keel strips, get both areas ready.
1) Fill a small cup half full with Acetone, to be ready for cleaning the bush or drips.
2) Get the catalyst ready.