1) Mix the catalyst into the gel coat.
2) Quickly paint a coat of gel in the Masked Area. Neatness does not matter.
3) Put the fiberglass tape over the gel.
4) Paint gel on top of tape, wetting the tape fully.
5) Use the squeegee to spread and smooth out the gel.
6) Feather the edges.
8) Finish before the gel starts to go off.
Clean & Remove Tape
1) Clean drips off the boat using acetone.
2) Clean the brush with acetone.
3) As the gel goes off, but before it gets hard, remove the inner piece of masking tape. If the gel gets hard, it will be difficult to remove this inner piece of masking tape.
4) Let it dry for a minimum of an hour.
Atlantic Kayak Tours, Expert Center
Copyright (c) 2014 Atlantic Kayak Tours, Inc. All rights reserved.