1) Add new 1" masking tape as close as you can to the gel without touching it.
2) As with the first coat, get everything ready before adding catalyst.
3) Thin out the gel with some Styrene. This will help fill in the dips to make a smooth final coat. Follow the directions carefully. If too much Styrene is added, the gel will not harden.
1) Add the catalyst and start to paint on this coat thinly. Note: It will not be perfectly smooth.
2) As above, remove the inner piece of masking tape before the gel gets hard.
3) Let it dry for an hour or two then add the air barrier so the top will dry overnight.
The Next Day
1) Remove the air barrier.
2) If unhappy with smoothness add masking tape and sand with fine grit paper.
3) Remove all masking tape.
Atlantic Kayak Tours, Expert Center
Copyright (c) 2014 Atlantic Kayak Tours, Inc. All rights reserved.